PropertyIQ Pty Limited
1.Types of personal information we collect
We may collect personal information about:
- our PropertyIQ customers; and
- members of the general public.
- sections headed “General” will apply to both our PropertyIQ customer and members of the general public;
- sections headed “PropertyIQ Customers” will apply only to our PropertyIQ customers.
We will not collect any of the following sensitive information from you, revealing your: race, ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union memberships or details of health or disability.
We may collect sensitive information regarding your membership of a professional or trade association, but only so far as it relates to your business activities and your use of the PropertyIQ Software.
The types of personal information we collect about you through our PropertyIQ Software products includes personal information entered into the PropertyIQ Software by our PropertyIQ Customers using the PropertyIQ Software products, which may include:
- any personal information you give to your real estate agent or strata manager in respect of the services they provide to you; and
- property ownership, tenancy status, property attribute data, recent sales prices, rental prices, valuation or attribute information provided by third party property data providers.
This information is only stored by us for use by our customers (eg, your real estate agent or strata manager) in connection with their use of our PropertyIQ Software products, except where our customers have agreed to share this information with us.
1.2 PropertyIQ Customers
We collect information about you and your business in order to operationalise the services we are providing, and for the purposes set forth below under purposes of collection. Whilst much of this information is not personal information, some of the information we collect, on its own or when matched with other information, may be personal information about you.
The types of information we collect about our PropertyIQ Software customers includes:
- Your name
- Names of clients, owners and tenants
- Your Property addresses
- Business contact details
- Email address
- Occupation details
- Bank account and credit card details for our customers, users and subscribers
- Information pertaining to products and services ordered from us and their use
- Officeholder, directorship and shareholder information
The types of information we collect about your customers includes:
- any personal information you provide to us; and
- Property ownership, tenancy status, property attribute data, recent sales prices, rental prices, valuation or attribute information provided by third party property data providers.
2.How we collect personal information
We may collect personal information about you from a combination of sources including directly from you, from third parties or from publicly available sources.
We may also collect personal information from third parties including your real estate agent, strata manager or data brokers which acquire publicly available sources of information.
Third parties from whom we source publicly available information include our Related Bodies Corporate.
We collect information on our own behalf and on behalf of others. Where we collect information on behalf of others, we require that they comply with the Privacy Act.
If someone else provides us with personal information about you that we did not ask for and we determine that the information is necessary and usual for our products or activities and we could have collected this information from you had we asked for it, we will notify you as soon as practicable. This notice will be given unless to do so would be in breach of an obligation of confidence. If we could not have collected this personal information, we will lawfully de identify or destroy that personal information.
We will not collect personal information unless the information is reasonably necessary for or directly related to one, or more of our functions or activities. If we are unable to collect personal information we reasonably require, we may not be able to do business with you or the organisation with which you are connected.
2.2 PropertyIQ Customers
If it is reasonable and practical to do so, we will collect personal information directly from you. This will include contact details and other information relevant to providing services to you. This may take place in a number of ways, such as:
- when you sign up for PropertyIQ Software products or services
- subscribe to a newsletter
- complete a form on our website
- when you provide us with corrected or updated information.
3.Purposes of collection, use and disclosure of personal information
All personal information that we collect, is reasonably necessary for the purposes relating to providing our services or the services of our Related Bodies Corporate.
We may provide certain information about you for the purposes set out below:
Purpose of Collection
We collect your personal information for the purposes of:
- providing our products and services
- developing our products and services, including anonymising and aggregating data for statistical analysis and benchmarking
- verifying your identity
- administering and managing our products and services, including charging, billing, account management, and debt collection
- performing administrative and operational tasks (including risk management, systems development and testing, credit scoring and staff training, and market or customer satisfaction research)
- conducting research and analysis about our products and services
- auditing and monitoring our products and services
- responding to any specific request you make of us
- generating records and reports based on your use of our products and services
- preventing or investigating any fraud or crime (or a suspected fraud or crime)
- providing you with news and information, as well as promote and market products, services and special offers made available by us, our related companies and third parties (unless you ask us not to – see section titled “Direct Marketing”).
Use and disclosure
In order to achieve the above purposes, we may use or disclose your personal information to:
- your authorised representatives
- our existing or potential business partners, Related Bodies Corporate or joint venture entities or partners;
- our agents, contractors and third party service providers to enable them to provide administrative and other services for you or to us.
- our customers and subscribers
- others where the disclosure is required by law, for example, to government agencies and regulatory bodies as part of our statutory obligations, or for law enforcement purposes
- an organisation that acquires all or part of our assets or businesses.
We also disclose your personal information to Related Bodies Corporate, for their limited purposes of:
- developing their products and services for resale, including to you
- conducting research and analysis about their products and services
- providing you with news and information, as well as promote and market products, services and special offers made available by them (unless you ask us not to – see section titled “Direct Marketing”)
Where we disclose your personal information to other organisations, we take reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations are bound by privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information.
We may use or disclose information about you where we have obtained your consent, where we have obtained the information from another party (eg, third party real property data providers) for a specified purpose, or as required by relevant laws, statutes, regulations, codes and external payment systems.
Where we collect information from publicly available sources, including through our Related Bodies Corporate, our use of this information will be in accordance with the rules set down by the relevant information provider. These rules are contained in the terms and conditions of our customer contracts. The information provider’s rules may be amended from time to time and therefore so too will the terms of our customer contracts.
Property related and aggregated data that contains no information specific to a particular person or business may be shared with our Related Bodies Corporate and business partners, for example, aggregated statistical trends in a particular industry sector.
We may also use or disclose information about you where we have obtained your consent, where we have obtained the information from another party for a specified purpose, or as required by relevant laws, statutes, regulations, codes and external payment systems.
3.2 PropertyIQ Customers
We may use personal information about you and your customers for the primary purpose of providing our services, as well as for other purposes which you would reasonably expect us to use that information, including sending you information about new developments, products, services and special offers by post, telephone or any form of electronic communication. We may use any email address or other personal information you provide to us at any time for this purpose.
Property specific data, suburb information and aggregated data that contains no information specific to a particular person or business may be shared with our Related Bodies Corporate and business partners for the primary purpose of enhancing the products that we, our Related Bodies Corporate offer.
However, we, our Related Bodies Corporate will not use any personal information or sensitive information as those terms are defined in the Privacy Act or any owner’s or tenant’s contact details without first obtaining your consent or requiring you to ‘opt-in’ to any further use of the information.
In addition to the above, when you sign up for services, we may obtain your consent to provide you with news and information, as well as promote and market products, services and special offers made available by us, our Related Bodies Corporate and third parties (unless you ask us not to). We will only ever direct market to you where we have collected the information directly from you and obtained your consent to do so, and otherwise in accordance with the section titled “Direct Marketing”.
We may use personal information we have collected about you for the primary purpose of providing you with our services, and for other purposes for which you would reasonably expect us to use that information. This includes sending you information about new developments, products, services and special offers by post, telephone or any form of electronic communication. You authorise us to use any email address or other contact information you provide to us at any time for this purpose.
You can, at any time, opt out of receiving marketing material by contacting us (see Contact Us below). You agree and acknowledge that even if you opt out of receiving marketing material, we will still send you essential information that we are legally required to send you relating to the services we provide. An opt-out request may take several business days after the date of your request to become effective.
5.Third Parties and your information
6.Disclosure of Information Overseas
Your personal information will be stored in Australia, New Zealand, USA and Japan for the purposes of hosting and providing the PropertyIQ Software.
However, people located overseas may be able to access your personal information in order to provide development services to us in the provision of our Products and Services. In the vast majority of these cases access is strictly limited, and under the supervision and control of our Australian based product team. Such access will only be under secure protocols (see below for further information on Storage and Security). Our overseas services providers are located in:
- New Zealand
- United States of America
- The Philippines
Some of our products and services accessible via our web services portals may be accessed by customers located overseas.
Whenever your personal information is disclosed to, or accessed by, a person located overseas, this will only occur where:
- we consider the recipient to be bound to legislation similar to the APPs and we have a contractual mechanism with them to enforce your rights; or
- we have an enforceable contractual arrangement with the overseas recipient that requires the recipient to handle your personal information in accordance with the APPs.
7.2 PropertyIQ Customers
8.1 PropertyIQ Customers
When you visit the Sites the server may attach a “cookie” to your computer’s memory. A “cookie” assists us to store information on how visitors to the Site use it and the pages that may be of most interest. This information may be used to provide users of your computer with information that we think may interest the users of your computer.
- determine whether you have previously accessed our websites
- identify the pages you have accessed, your IP address and the date time and duration of your visit
- aid in the security of your use of our PropertyIQ websites
- aid in the log-in process
- facilitate administration of PropertyIQ websites
- generate statistics about the use of our websites to continually improve our websites and customer service, and data products and identify product trends.
However, this information is not linked to any personal information you may provide to the Site and cannot be used to identify you.
If you choose, you should be able to configure your computer so that it disables cookies or does not accept them. If you set your browser to reject cookies you may not be able to make full use of our Sites.
9.Storage and security
We will use all reasonable endeavours to keep your personal information in a secure environment, however, this security cannot be guaranteed.
If you reasonably believe that there has been unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal information, please contact us (see Contact Us below).
If we no longer need your personal information, unless we are required under Australian law or a court or tribunal order to retain it, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify your personal information, in accordance with our document and information retention policy.
9.2 PropertyIQ Customers
Your use of our Sites and the electronic storage of your personal information is secured by practices and procedures which we consider are consistent with Australian industry standards.
All orders placed online using a credit card are covered by SSL security technology to protect customer details. These security measures are designed to ensure your personal information is not subject to unauthorised access, loss or misuse.
10.Variation and consent to variation
11.Accuracy of your information
We take all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information held by us is accurate and up-to-date. If you believe that any of your personal information is not up-to-date, please contact us (see Contact Us below) and we may take steps to correct it.
12.Access to information we hold about you
You may request to access the personal information we hold about you. We will endeavour to respond to any such request within a reasonable period of time and, where reasonable and practicable, give access to the information in the manner you request. This will be subject to any exemptions allowed under the Privacy Act. You may request this information by writing to the Privacy Officer (see Contact Us below).
We may charge a reasonable fee for providing that information.
13.Complaints or Disputes
If you have a complaint about our treatment of your personal information, please contact our Privacy Officer (see Contact Us below). Our Privacy Officer will consider and if, in our reasonable opinion, necessary, investigate your complaint and endeavour to respond to you within a reasonable period of time.
If we do not adequately answer your concerns, you may have rights to escalate your complaint to an external dispute resolution scheme or the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
or by mail: PropertyIQ Privacy Officer, 1 Shelley Street, Sydney NSW 2000
When contacting us or using our products and services, you have the option to either not identify yourself or to use a pseudonym. However, this will not apply if it is impracticable for us to communicate with you that way. We are required or authorised under Australian law (or a court or tribunal order) to only deal with individuals who have identified themselves.
PropertyIQ® is a registered trademark of PropertyIQ Pty Ltd.
Related Bodies Corporate has the meaning given to that term under the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth).